- About Research
- Areas of Research
Who can apply?
• Individual or group(s) of scientists, engineers, researchers, members of the teaching staff belonging to recognised academic institutions, universities and research organisations may submit proposals,. Proposals from persons not attached to a recognised institution will not be considered.
• The proposer(s) should be full-time regular employee(s) of the concerned institution
Information required with the proposal
• Brief description of the research proposed including the objectives and the scientific/application merits of the work.
• Description of the method or technique to be used for the proposed investigated
• The extent of financial support needed for executing the work within the shortest possible time.
• Name of the Principal Investigator from the institution forwarding the application. There may also be co-investigator(s) from different institutions working on the project. ISRO may also identify a co-investigator. However satisfactory completion of a project will be the responsibility of the Principal Investigator and his institution.
• Bio-data of all the investigators
• A list of research projects related to the proposal undertaken or carried out through funding by other agencies.
How to apply?
• The proposal should be duly forwarded through their institutions
• Five copies of the document should be prepared in the formats attached
• The application should be addressed to ‘RESPOND Co-ordinator, VSSC, Thiruvananthapuram 695022’ for approval and further processing
VSSC has a well structured system for evaluation of the proposal. The Sponsored Research Coordination and Review Team (SRCRT) related to the area of research evaluates the research proposals with respect to technical content, relevance to VSSC, expertise of Principal Investigator (PI), facilities at institute, project duration, budget aspects etc. Suggestions/ feedback are given to the PI. PI has to revise the proposal based on the feedback from VSSC and the final proposal is recommended for further review by a Centre-level RESPOND Steering Team (RST) constituted by Director, VSSC. These committees provide group wisdom in evaluating these proposals with an applied orientation and submit their recommendation to Director, VSSC for approval. The approved proposals is forwarded to ISRO Head quarters for final approval by Chairman, ISRO. On approval, the fund is released to institute and project gets initiated. These on-going projects would be monitored and renewed annually based on the progress. On completion of the project the PI would submit the final project report, along with audit reports, for closure of the project.
VSSC has also identified a RESPOND Co-ordinator for all the interactions with the entities of the Centre, ISRO HQ & participating institutes.